I help authors and publishers by proofreading their financial and business documents.
After spending many years working in the world of UK taxation, my love of books, words and the ability to help people took me in a different direction. I understand that working to tight, or last minute, deadlines while maintaining client focus can be stressful. I’ve taken my workplace experience and added professional proofreading training to my skillset so that I can help people, like you, get the best from their words. I am proud to be a member of the Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading.
Having spent over 30 years working in UK taxation, the last 16 years were at managerial level. I helped my peers, partners, directors and junior staff by reviewing their work to ensure accuracy and consistency in both written and numerical work. A misplaced comma, word or decimal point could spell disaster for you. It’s my job to make sure that your documents are clear and consistent.
- Essential Proofreading – PTC (Distinction)
- Introduction to Proofreading – CIEP (no grades are awarded)
- Essential Grammar – PTC (no grades are awarded)
- Open University Creative Writing (Distinction)
- The Chartered Institute of Editing and Proofreading (CIEP) http://www.ciep.uk
- The Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) http://www.tax.org.uk
- The Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) http://www.att.org.uk
A bit more about me
When not working, pottering in the garden, or navigating a river on a stand-up paddleboard, I enjoy the usual mix of reading, tinkering with my own fiction musings, watching films, and listening to audiobooks or podcasts. I try to read widely, from contemporary to 18th century novels, biographies, history books and historical fiction.